I realised it’s been over a month since I last posted so I thought I would give you a quick update on how life is going. With the adjustment of full time work, it’s been hard to find time to blog so I figured a quick catch up is better than nothing.
I am always skeptical of saying something is going well incase that jinxes it but OMG I absolutely LOVE my job. I am so fortunate to work for such a genuine organisation with such friendly, hilarious people. The work itself is fast paced and requires real initiative and problem solving which means I am constantly challenged and the days go quickly. On top of that, I have made some really great friends which is an added bonus.
I was concerned that working full time would diminish any motivation I had to exercise but it has seriously boosted it. I have a new found love for 6.30am gym classes and I have spent far too much of my pay on new workout gear. I’ve even gotten back into running which is always a good sign that I’m in my exercise zone. Unfortunately the copious amounts of shared morning teas is slowing down any progress I had hoped to see but that’s next on the list to conquer.
I have very brief plans on visiting a friend in Melbourne for a long weekend around August. I can’t remember the last time I had a weekend away so even though it is months away, I am super excited. Annual leave can be quite hard to come across in my job so it’s just about seeing if the time off is feasible.
- The new skin care range I’ve recently found! (Can’t remember the name #badblogger),
- Nectarines (I average two a day),
- My compression tights (I am convinced the help my workout performance),
- Orange is the new black (Trying to rush this post so I can go and watch an ep before bed),
- Dry shampoo (Can’t remember the last time I washed my hair).
Things on my wish list..
- A toilet bag which I can take into the gym shower with me,
- A pair of black nike shoes (my current pink ones are clashing with my new gear),
- A car park so I didn’t have to get up at 5.30am for the bus to get to the gym,
- A romantic weekend away,
- Some summer dresses (I think I may have missed the boat on that one).