Whole30 – Days 5+6+7

Hello, Humans!

Today we’re going to look at how days 5 + 6 + 7 of my Whole30 have been. Now if I am to be quite honest, I was really dreading these days because weekends are ALWAYS the hardest. No after work wine or Sunday brunch for me! However, I kept busy doing wholesome (non food-related) activities, including a fair bit of retail therapy (figured I deserved to treat myself). It wasn’t nearly as bad as I had anticipated it to be, and waking up without a fuzzy head from a few too many wines was amazing.

Friday – Day 5

Considering this day was part of the “Kill all the things” phaze, I think I was surprisingly well tempered. It wasn’t until lunchtime when I had to have lunch alone and I had a bit too much time to myself to think that I got in a bad mood. It wasn’t even an angry mood, it was more of a I can’t be bothered talking to anyone mood. My afternoon got progressively more I can’t be bothered talking to anyone until a friend came over and asked if I was okay. I had a bit of a rant, remembered it was Friday and perked up for the final 30 minutes of work. Just as I was leaving someone asked;

“Are you not going to the dinner tonight?”

Which I had completely forgotten to make an excuse for. Luckily he got a phone call and I scurried off before I could answer #easywin.

Days 67

Saturday – Day 6

I woke up at 8am, hardly bursting at the seams (although that is pretty rare on a Saturday anyway), and made my way to the gym. Now I don’t know if I can attribute this to day 6 or the fact that I didn’t eat before the gym (not that unusual for me) but half way through my class I was EXHAUSTED. I just couldn’t muster up the energy to even pretend that I cared. I half arsed a few songs and then left before the warm down and sweated out my frustrations in the sauna. The rest of the day wasn’t too bad, I went through the motions without thinking about it too much. I was very tired in the evening but ended up staying till about 1am (thanks, Netflix for adding Grease!) before crashing hard and fast.

Sunday – Day 7

Sunday was a different story. I woke up this morning feeling like I’d been hit by a bus. I was so tired and stayed on the couch in my pajamas for over an hour before I pushed through and got dressed to head down to the grocery store. Now that was a good thing because if the activeness didn’t wake me up, the $250 bill did (WHAT?!). I’ve felt good for the most part for the rest of the day. Granted, I haven’t done a whole lot. Finished up on the house work, went to half a Phoenix game, cooked dinner and meal prepped for the week.

7 days in to the Whole30 and I am feeling good. This time round hasn’t been as much of a struggle (check back in once we have a shared morning tea!). I have a few more new recipes to try out (Chia Seed breakfast pudding #FTW) which is keeping me excited and the changes I have made have feel like they could be sustainable post Whole30.

7 days down, 23 to go. 

Whole30 – Days 5+6+7

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s